Welcome to the Marine Electronics Forums presented by Panbo and SeaBits.
Chargemaster Plus (44310755) Problems
I am bench testing a chargemaster plus 12/75/3 and a Czone system before it goes on my boat. One week ago, It was running correctly and
czone picked it up. I have small lithium battery connected to a busbar, to power components, and the NMEA network
One week ago, during initial testing (with no battery loads), I spent hours trying to get CZone to recognize it. Finally, I tried connecting the chassis ground on the charger to the negative buss. Low and behold, it was instantly picked up by Czone, and all was good. Again, this was with no batteries hooked to the charger output.
Fast forward one week. Hook up everything like last week, and I have all red LEDs across the top. Not blinking but solid red. I thought maybe it was in standby, and pressed/ held the power button, but still all red LED at the top. I tried with it unhooked from N2000, but still get solid red LED across the board.
Last week I was surprised that it began working with the chassis ground connected. Not sure why that helped.
any ideas? I hope this is not a bad unit
More Info. Problem seems to happen when charger is connected to NMEA network. Runs OK in factory settings, and in CZONE mode, until NMEA is connected while in CZONE mode. When NMEA is connected, the network LED will "flicker" (as it should) during the handshake... but after about 10 seconds it will go solid green and the charger will lock up and need to be rebooted. Will only reboot if factory settings are applied. I have a small NMEA network on the bench. with a CZONE Control 1, two CZONE switch interfaces, a Garmin MFD, and a CZONE USB interface to the computer. The CZONE devices have been upgraded to the latest firmware. They all play together nicely.
To simplify I've taken the Garmin and switch interfaces off the network, and left the Control one and USB interface. This hasn't helped. i suppose the next thing to do is check the voltage and resistance on the network, but I'm skeptical this will show a problem, since everything else is communicating properly.
follow up- this was solved with a firmware update from mastervolt