Welcome to the Marine Electronics Forums presented by Panbo and SeaBits.
Capture & Compare data from two sensors
I sometimes desire to compare products to each other. Usually I have to do this live, by setting up different products as different sources on B&G displays. Live = I am not sailing my boat.
Instead, I would like to capture the data to memory cards or disk and look at it later. Looking at it later I would like to see it side by side, either in a graph or numerically. Ideally this is done with some dissimilar data, e.g. two wind sensors compared to each other, but also capturing sog and angle of heel.
What product exists to do that? Capture data & display
* two compasses against each other
* two wind sensors against each other
* two speed thru water sensors against each other
In my current configuration what are my options for doing this? I have
- All sensors I would want to compare are connected to NMEA-2000
- B&G Zues3 with Wifi and also a WiFi-1 hub
- A PC connected to B&G H5000 via hardwire ethernet websockets, that has WiFi as well
- Expedition Marine software. Would strip chart do what I want if I pipe the extra sensor data in from Actisene NGT-1?
I am thinking my options are
* $$$ Actisense NGT-1, but is there software to display?
* $$$ Actisense WiFi with data recorder, but is there software to display?
Are these options, better choices?
Would a Yacht Devices voyage recorder do the sorts of things you're after?
Yes! Do you have any experience with it to know which of the software readers spoken about would allow me to simultaneously display information from two of the same sensor, as opposed to only letting me choose one source for each instrument type?
Any viewer that would be exceptionally good at helping to calibrate?